Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Network Card To 10 Base T Or 10 Half Duplex
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
Hi,

I wrote to Linksys about my wireless bridge problem and they told me to do the following :

change network card on PC1 and PC2 to 10 base T or 10 half duplex, since I use bridges at both
ends my guess is that I need to set at both bridges the ethernet card that communicates with
the Linksys Wireless Bridge Unit to 10 base T or 10 half duplex. But I don't know how to do this?
What do I need to modify in my /etc/init.d/rc.local when I set the bridge up ?

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
PC1 and PC2 are the gateway PC's that attach to the bridges ... or regular PC's behind the gateway?

How you setup the cards depends on what network cards they are....and it will be done in the modules.conf file as an option.

what does the alias line look like in /etc/modules.conf for eth0 (actaully, whatever eth card it is that attaches to the bridge).

This could be kind of tricky though, if this is the gateway PC and it has 2 cards of the same type in it....and I personally don't think that is the problem (but I have been wrong before smile.gif )
Robert83
Hi,

I'm starting to have enough of their support, really aint getting me nowhere with the Bridges

pc1 is a bridging two ethernet cards , first ethernet card connected to a switch which connects to the lan, and second ethernet card connected to the Linksys Wireless Bridge.

pc2 has the same configuration...

but in the midle there is no PC, we simply used cables to conect Linksys Bridge Pair 1 to Pair 2 trough a Switch, maybe it slows down here? what do you think?

[into the same switch goes a wireless access point,and my NAT server , and a WinXP gateway computer[will change it when chrisw posts that sendmail guide.]

What do you think?

Maybe it slows down in the middle? [it could be possible right? , to many data going to to many places or something?]...maybe if I put another Whitebox bridge to the center with 3 ethernet cards?
2 ethernet card to link the bridges together, and 1 ethernet card to link the Whitebox PC to the Switch [to the rest of the network] ?

Sincerely
Robert B
Robert83
Hi,

PC1
/etc/modules.conf

alias eth0 8139 too ---> LAN
alias eth1 8139 too ---> Novell File Server
alias eth2 8139 too ---> Linksys Wireless Bridge Unit 1

PC2
/etc/modules.conf

alias eth0 8139 too ---> LAN
alias eth1 8139 too ---> Linksys Wireless Bridge Unit 2

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.