Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gconf-sanitycheck1
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Hemant
Though my gnome is working fine right now.
But sometimes..i get an error.while logging in that says..nfs is unable to lock some file..~/.gconf/xyz/ior and some error related to corba.

So i did a sanity check..
$ gconf-sanitycheck-1

i got the same messaget that i got during logging in.I don't have the exact error...right now..but it says..that nfs is unable to lock file..~/.gcoonf/xyz/ior.Contact your system administrator.

sad.gif Hell i am the system administrator..and i don't have the clue how to fix this problem.
hughesjr
Try this page at the I'm having a lock file problem. What do I do? section....

This might also apply (probably not unless you are using RH 7.2), but if your home directory is NFS mounted, there may be some stale NFS locks....

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_b...ug.cgi?id=59245
Hemant
Thanks..a lot..that link was really very useful..

My computer is not connected to any kind of network..but Yeah as mentioned on that site...once i had to hard boot my computer.

And truely this problem..came up after that.I am using Redhat-9.0.
As mentioned on the site.
CODE
If no gconfd is running, these locks may safely be removed. If gconfd is running though, DO NOT remove them; if you have two gconfd processes for a single user, bad things may happen to that user's preferences once in a while.

So let's say i login in to text mode..and want to remove these locks..how can i remove them,can i simply delete it??Also..yeah indeed..once i had two gconfd running for a single user.
hughesjr
Yes, you should be able to delete the extra locks as root in text mode.
Hemant
Yeah..thanks..i will try out...
Hemant
That file is a very mysterious...it is there in ~/.gconf/lock/ior...when i login as root an try to delete that file...root can't see it..
i mean...
CODE
# cd /home/hemant/.gconfd/lock
# ls -a
#  <no output>

And when i login as user...i can see the file but when i delete it..
CODE
$ cd .gconfd/lock/
$ ls -a
ior
$ rm ior
no such file or directory...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.