Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dwl-520+ In Suse 9.0
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
sshe11
I got it to install, and i can ping my router ... but when i try pinging a site on the Internet it doesnt work "Hostname cannot be resolved" and also i cannot access the router config. page even though i can ping it !!

I have added these lines to /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 206.47.244.12 (from my ISP)
nameserver 206.47.244.89

I also setup a route by "route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth1" ....

Again it pings my router fine but not Internet ...

Please help !!! ohmy.gif
Robert83
Hi,

okay then, lets see if you can ping www.google.com by IP adress...

to do this, you should ping 66.102.11.104 if it works, then your router lets you outside, then you have some DNS problems, if it is not working the router is not letting you outside[?].

also you could try entering into your browser Mozilla[or any other , under Linux] http://66.102.11.104
the website should show up [with the pictures missing]

Sincerely
Robert B
sshe11
Thanks i'll try that ASAP .... I'll post a reply soon...
sshe11
I got a IP 192.168.0.1 when my router is the same IP ! How is this possible ??

So i changed my routers IP to 192.168.1.1

I have the router's DHCP to give static IP's w/ MAC addresses so i always get 192.168.1.100 in XP ... which should work in Linux as well 'coz MAC address is the same.....My card can see the network fine and also connects to it 'coz i can see my router's MAC address ....

I still get the same IP as my router !!!! no matter what i change my router IP to ...
hughesjr
I don't know anything about wireless connections in SUSE ... but I do know a little bit about wireless connections in general (although not a whole lot).

What is the output of the command:

iwconfig
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.