Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Win2003 Terminal Server
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
Hi,

You told me that you have a few terminal servers in your network [windows 2003], what version of windorws 2003 do you reccomend for 30 clients? [2xXeon2600[or 2800(?) can't remember] 2GB DDR 400 ECC, 2x120GB Maxtor DiamondMax 8MB Cache]. Windows 2003 Server, Advenced Server ?

Also I think [I was told to do so here, or somewhere else(?cant remember again smile.gif,sorry] using NTFS partitions, because this way I can seperate users 100%.

The thing that bothers me the most is, what priviliges do I need to create for users, in order to allow them to install programs , remove them [only their own], and still only see their own partition. I mean install programs like Total Commander, Download Managers... etc .

What are your experiences with wallpapers and terminal servers , still slows down that much [win2000 server does with only 7 clients]?

Sincerely
Robert B
Hemant
Don't you think this is a wrong place to ask that question ..
Robert83
Hi,

yes you are correct, this is not the right place, for that I apologize, BUT Hughesjr has great experience with terminal servers, and I didn't wan't to bother him by sending him a pm... so I posted it here. Sorry.
[and it's a little bit related to linux as well,...since the clients are Fedora Core1, maybe it would be good , to create a new zone in this forum for linux->win win->linux related problems,questions...or maybe not]
But I'm sorry , for asking this question here.

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.