Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compiling Issues
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Malkir
Hey, i've been having some toruble compiling...
So, I get my file.tar.gz
I tar -(blah) <filename>
In that directory I get a new file with the contents of that tar.gz. I CD inside, type ./compile and I get an error something like this (This was compiling SSL).
CODE
[root@localhost root]# cd /usr/local/src/webserver/
[root@localhost webserver]# cd openssl-*
[root@localhost openssl-0.9.7c]# make
making all in crypto...
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/webserver/openssl-0.9.7c/crypto'
gcc -I. -I.. -I../include -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -m486 -Wall -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -c -o cryptlib.o cryptlib.c
make[1]: gcc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [cryptlib.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/webserver/openssl-0.9.7c/crypto'
make: *** [sub_all] Error 1

Another problem i've had, is compiling Pine. I downloaded it, extracted, and for some reason the 'Build' command dosen't work. If someone could give me detailed instructions how to install/extract/configure pine (www.washington.edu/pine) to see what i've been doing wrong, that would be great.

Thanks,
Malkir
Hemant
Looks...like you do not have gcc installed...
But standard steps for installing a package from source is
CODE
# ./configure
# make
# make install

You may have to check for the options of ./configure with command
CODE
# ./configure --help
Malkir
Yea, I narrowed it down to that afterwards, the other thing was just a misunderstanding. I dont understand how I download GCC in FTP format (ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/gcc/). Can someone explain that?
hughesjr
What is your distro ... I would install gcc from your original install or download it from an official mirror.
Hemant
You can download gcc from this site...
http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/5...513410/gcc.html

for the installation instructions unzip the file and read the docs with it..But if your kernel..is old..then it might be troublesome for you to install a newer version of gcc with older kernel..

But still rather that installing gcc manually i will prefer to install the whole system..again..with gcc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.