Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compiling Issues
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Hey, i've been having some toruble compiling...
So, I get my file.tar.gz
I tar -(blah) <filename>
In that directory I get a new file with the contents of that tar.gz. I CD inside, type ./compile and I get an error something like this (This was compiling SSL).
[root@localhost root]# cd /usr/local/src/webserver/
[root@localhost webserver]# cd openssl-*
[root@localhost openssl-0.9.7c]# make
making all in crypto...
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/webserver/openssl-0.9.7c/crypto'
gcc -I. -I.. -I../include -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -m486 -Wall -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -c -o cryptlib.o cryptlib.c
make[1]: gcc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [cryptlib.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/webserver/openssl-0.9.7c/crypto'
make: *** [sub_all] Error 1

Another problem i've had, is compiling Pine. I downloaded it, extracted, and for some reason the 'Build' command dosen't work. If someone could give me detailed instructions how to install/extract/configure pine ( to see what i've been doing wrong, that would be great.

Hemant you do not have gcc installed...
But standard steps for installing a package from source is
# ./configure
# make
# make install

You may have to check for the options of ./configure with command
# ./configure --help
Yea, I narrowed it down to that afterwards, the other thing was just a misunderstanding. I dont understand how I download GCC in FTP format ( Can someone explain that?
What is your distro ... I would install gcc from your original install or download it from an official mirror.
You can download gcc from this site...

for the installation instructions unzip the file and read the docs with it..But if your old..then it might be troublesome for you to install a newer version of gcc with older kernel..

But still rather that installing gcc manually i will prefer to install the whole system..again..with gcc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.