Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Questions Very New At This So I Don't Know Much
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
oscpaulh
How do I install .bin files... and also i have KDE 3.1.4 and i can't figure out how to get my clock in the lower right to display normal time, not military. i right clicked it and tried to adjust date and time and i switched it to local and everything, but nothing seems to work, is there anything i can do...thanks
Hemant
To install .bin files...try..
# ./xxx.bin
.bin files..can be either ready to be executed excutables..or installer for some..package(in case of sun JDK..)..
SO in both the cases...that command..will do..

As for your second question..i haven't used KDE in years..so i will checkout..and tell...if nobody gets to you....
Robert83
Hi,

If I remember right ...you can right click on you're clock and look for something like preferences...

Sincerely
Robert B
wonks
right click on your clock, select "Date & Time Format..." , go to the tab "Time & Dates", under the Time format select
"ph:MM:SS AMPM", you should be able to see the preview at the bottom of this current tab. Click okay, log out and when you next log in, the clock should be in your desired format.

Hope it works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.