Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ms Mouse Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Skinny
I am trying to get my MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer working under Mandrake 9.0 and I am not sure how to do this? I went to the Mandrake site and under hardware compatibilities it listed that the mouse works by doing the following:

add 'hid' into file /etc/modules

I'm new to linux and have no idea how to do this. Any Help would be great.

Skinnnny@Hotmail.com
Joey
Hi Skinny,

The Mandrake 9.0 installer picked up my Microsoft USB Optical mouse without a problem...

To add "hid" to the /etc/modules file, open it the /etc/modules file with a text editor. You should find some sort of GUI editor in the menu's.
Skinny
Hi. The mouse worked fine while I was installing it but now I have vertical movment only. btw its wireless optical mouse. I tried adding hid to /etc/modules file but it doesn't make any diffrence. if there no way of fixing this are there any other distributions that will support it?
Joey
Where on Mandrake's site are you finding these instructions? If you provide me with a link maybe I can figure it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.