Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Beginers Guide To Mandrake 9.2
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rothko
Hello All,
Can someone give me the title of a good Beginers Guide to Mandrake 9.2 and Linux. And I do mean a beginers guide.
Bye the way I dont mean one of those Beginers guides on Mandrake, Redhat Suse that you see in you local bookstore as I have tried some of these and they all assume that you are computer literate to some degree and I'm not.
I'm not as yet in a position to give advice to anyone but there is one thing which someone might find helpful. If you have not yet changed over to Linux and you decide to opt for Mandrake 92. then you might, like me, be unaware of the fact that while Mandrake boast of "the ease of internet conectivity" what they dont tell you is that if you have a Software Modem you probabley wont be able to acess the Net at all. So check you have a Mandrake compatable one.
Hemant
just checkout books..mentioned in this forum....there are lots of books for beginners....
jetblackz
Or you can ALWAYS visit the distro maker's Website.

All newcomers should do the same. Like they got Fedora, and scream "Help! Urgent. What is Fedora? Where is the manual?"
hughesjr
Also, our http://www.linuxhelp.ca/newbies/ page can help....

Also here
Hemant
Basically there is not so much differance that you have to start looking for guides...for each distro..one thing you have to understand if you want to get hold of GNU/Linux is that you have to look inside....What is on surface is nothing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.