Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autorun
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
lostcity
After upgrading my laptop from RH 7.2 to RH7.3, I lost autorun feature on my cdrom. I also cannot access my cdrom from the desktop. The CD works since I can boot from it ok.

Thanks in advance
Robert83
Hi,

well you can always mount you're cd with the following command

type this in a terminal

mount /dev/cdrom

if you want to unmount it

1.stop whatever you are doing on the cd rom, close all aplications that are currently viewing it
2.type eject
Robert83
Also

it is not recomended to update from any linux distro to any other newer version since problems like this might occur, and even bigger problems...

it is reccomended that you save all you're config files, other documents, and other personal files and do a clean installation.

Sincerely
Robert B
lostcity
Well that works. Any thougths on how to repair autorun?

Thanks
Termina
Supermounting should do it, I think.

Refer to my old post here:
http://www.linuxhelp.ca/forums/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=3081

I havn't done it yet (Busy with other projects, this one wasn't a big deal to me), but hughesjr hasn't failed me yet. happy.gif
lostcity
Thanks, but I will refrain from recompiling my kernel for the present. I appreciate the interest though. blink.gif blink.gif
Hemant
I think..in main GNOME menu..go to preferances and then cd properties....there you can select autorun...for the cd inserted...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.