Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linux Time
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
Hi,

I think I misconfigured my timezones , not sure...

but today the linux computers should'v set their time 1hrs forward. But day did not do this.

so the question would be how do I configure the time zone for Europe-Belgrade, and how do I set the time,and after that will it automaticaly adjust that 1hrs + and 1hrs- when the time comes?

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
run redhat-config-date if you have a GUI ... (and it may work without the gui) ... I'll check.
Robert83
Hi,

I've checked it and it does not work on Whitebox [with minimal install]...

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
It does work with console mode ... you could install it via:

yum install redhat-config-date

but first, try this:

rm /etc/localtime

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Belgrade /etc/localtime
Robert83
Hi,

That clock thing is not working as it should be , someone made a mistake in that zoneinfo /Europe/Belgrade ...when I use it it sets the clock 2hrs forward [1hrs+ as it should be]...

I simply deleted /etc/localtime everywhere and the time is correct now...

And one other thing, this is WindowsXP related, and is quiet iritating cause I don't know how to stop this :

Whenever windows starts up explorer pops up , [it automaitcaly opens /Windows/System32], how can I stop this from happening?

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
For your Windows XP problem, there is something trying to run automaticly, but the executable has been removed ...

Look either in the Menu - Programs - Startup ...

or in the registery in at (use regedit at the command prompt):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/Run
Robert83
Hi,

I just wanted to ask, that once you finish you're site , is that going to be some sort of a help site [or tips], where did you get these infos about winxp stuff? can you point me to some sites, with interesting tips on it, I mean I can install/configure windows, tweak it a little bit, but in it's registry I'm getting lost, and at the console commands my knowledge is very limited...

Sincerely
Robert B
Termina
http://parasite.ath.cx/~chronos/timezones.html

Intresting page my friend made/stole. Probally of no help, but nice to have in the unlikely event you ever need it. happy.gif
hughesjr
I got the stuff from my noodle laugh.gif ....

I have been running a Windows NT/2K/XP network of about 400 workstation PCs (and many Windows servers ... 12 I counted to my self just now). I have been in this job, running this network since 1995. There are also 2 UNIX database servers (Oracle 8.1.7.4, HP-UX 11i), 2 Linux database servers(1 RHEL and 1 WhiteBox / both Oracle 9i), 4 linux File servers (Whitebox), 2 Linux DNS Servers(Whitebox) and my Linux Workstation ... and I almost forgot my 3 linux firewalls (whitebox). I am Windows Admin, UNIX & Linux Admin, and the DBA.

We connect my network to another network in Virginia ... and that one has several thousand users (it also connects to a network in Florida). I am a backup admin for 2 Unix servers in VA as well...
Termina
O_O

Nifty biggrin.gif *looks at his ragtag network at home*

Must be a fun job. =)

What's a DBA? O_o Database Admin? Or did I completely miss the mark. ;-_-
hughesjr
Yep ... Oracle Database Administrator... MCSE ... RHCE .... HP-CSA

That's me....
Termina
*doesn't think he sounds happy about it* ;)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.