Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake 9
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Naeem
Hey its me again

I can not read any audio cds that I put into the cd rom.There are also some folders that I do not have access right to but I am the only user. I went to consol one and made myself the super user and I still can not create any user accounts. blink.gif
Corey
Audio cd's do not need to be mounted in order to read them. You can use any program that plays audio cd's to listen to them, you just need to make sure that the programs are set up to read the correct cdrom device. More then likely, it is /dev/cdrom .

On most, if not all, linux distributions, there will be several of directories that you will not be able to access as a regular user, you should, however, be able to access them all as super user (root). You can change this, however, it is not advisable for the security of your system. You may be the only user, however, if you're connected to the internet, you never know what could happen. As for adding a new user, I believe Mandrake 9 has a nice GUI frontend to addusers, I believe it's called userdrake or something like that. Check out your menus in kde or gnome, it should be there. When you go to run the program, it should ask you for a root password.

There is a one-stop-shop for all settings in Mandrake, I forget of the location, but it is in the menu somewhere (probably under system) that will allow you to configure the system, add users, etc. Have a look around and see what's there, Mandrake is one of the most user-friendly distribution to configure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.