Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: X Server
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Isaacli
I finaly got linux to work on my Laptop, I restart it and the X server wont restart.

It comes up with two boxes on restart with nothing in them, just "yes" or "no" options, and then asks for a password... i put in the password i chose for the system and it says something about bogus values...

I hope i described it well enough to get some help smile.gif

Thank you.
Jim
Close, but if you really want us to help you we need to know exatly what those bogus values are.

I am guess its a problem with your XF86Config file, but I could be wrong. If you post what those bogus values are we will not only be able to tell exactly where the problem is but exactly what to do to fix it.

One of the major differences about linux from Windows is how sensitive it is. This alows you to do really sweet things with tweeking and customizing your system to do exactly what you want, but its also really easy to drop the wrong number or letter in some where and send it all crashing down.

Post those errors and we will get you back on your feet.
Isaacli
ddcprobe returned bogus values:
ID: none
Name: none
horixsync: none
vertsync: none

That is what it flashed.
Isaacli
I reinstalled linux and selected the drivers correctly this time.

So far it is working correctly and i am installing and updating with the help of my friend Sara

Thank you for your help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.