Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cluster Benchmarking?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
swift1113
Hey all...

Ok I'm a definite newbie to Linux so please bear with me if my questions sounds basic. At my workplace, I have been assigned the task of comparing Windows and Linux clusters across the same hardware. I have a cluster of 3 Dell Precision 410s running RedHat 9.0 and Clustermatic 4.0. I am trying to benchmark the cluster as a whole using Scalapack but I am having no luck. With LaPack, I was able to run an executable file to benchmark. Is this possible with Scalapack? I downloaded the pre-built Linux/Intel version from www.netlib.org and all it is is a file called scalapack_LINUX.a. Is that just a library file and if so how do I execute any sort of benchmark? I'm sorry if my questions are very basic but I'd really appreciate it if you could clear this up for me, I've been pulling my hair out over this for a while. Thank you so much.
hughesjr
I don't currently have a linux cluster ... or have any clusters installed for any clients. I have installed one cluster, long ago, but didn't find much use for it.

All the programs you would want to use on the cluster have to be rebuilt specifically to use it ... what you have is the library and the include file, so you can rebuild your specific progams to use the ScaLAPACK routines.

Sorry, but I can't be much help. I don't have any more experience than that with Linux clusters.

Take a look at this FAQ to see if a Beowulf cluster (which is what Clustermatic 4.0 is) will accomplish your goals:

http://www.canonical.org/~kragen/beowulf-faq.txt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.