Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adaptec Aha-1520b Scsi Controller
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
reklaw
Kernel ver: 2.4.20-30.9
Architecture: Intel P3, 350MHz
Device: ISA Adaptec AHA-1520B SCSI Controller

The thing is that I have this controller card in my system, I need to get it operating with the system, for i can use my CD- Writer that interfaced to it. I am kinda new to the whole Linux thing so basic info/help will not go unappreciated.
The BIOS does not give me ISA options, so the interface is probably auto detect or something. Linux does detect the controller, because in the little hardware browser in the GUI lists the controller in “Unknown Devices”. I think for now all I need to know is what device node to mount, or how to find out, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
So after I get this controller working, the next thing I will have to do is get the writer working, any help with that would be very welcome too. The writer is a old Yamaha 4x4x16, the details of it I don't know right now.

Thanx, to anyone that can help
hughesjr
try this from within a terminal window as the root user:

cdrecord -scanbus

What is the result?
reklaw
After executing the "cdrecord -scanbus" command as root. it replied with:

Cdrecord 2.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright © 1995-2002 J?rg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

The Redhat HCL said that the controller is compatible, and that the driver was on the Redhat9 CD's. They didn't say which CD, what RPM, or where I could find Help on this subject.

Thanx again for any help
hughesjr
try issuing the command:

modprobe -v aha152x
reklaw
I went and did it again tongue.gif . I bought a new processor and put in a new mobo, so no more SCSI. Bugs me that I never managed to get the burner working before this point, but the processor out weights the burner, since I have one in my other machine. Sorry if I wasted much of your time hughesjr, I appreciat your help. After all I did really want to get it running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.