Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixing My Multiple Os Test Machine
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
hughesjr
Well, my main test machine (PIII 800mhz, 768mb RAM, 140mb Disk Space (60mb,60mb,20mb on 3 drives), Nvidia Geforce 2 400MX (64mb) Video, Sound Blaster Live! sound) had a 60gb hard drive crash a couple days ago .... and of course, I don't have any backups. (it is a multi boot machine with lots of OSes installed)

So I lost my Gentoo 1.4, RedHat 9, Fedora Core 1, FreeBSD 5.2, and Mandrake 9.1 installs ... I was able to copy off the Mandrake 10 Community install before it totally died.

So, I bought a new 120 GB ATA-133 (8mb cache) Western Digital drive to replace the 60gb in my MythTV box (i need more drive space to record to anyway), copied the Gentoo 2004.0 install I just did to the new 120 gb Drive... and then removed the 60gb from the MythTV machine and replaced the bad 60 gb drive in my Multi-Boot test machine.

Now comes the fun part ... I have to reinstall RH9, Fedora Core 1, FreeBSD, and Mandrake 9.1.

Maybe I should've backed that stuff up biggrin.gif ...
----------------------------
The point of this post ... just to let you know that stuff happens to all of us ... and I don't backup my personal machines as often as I should either cool.gif
Corey
I don't keep any critical stuff on my main box, anything i want to keep is all on the server. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.