Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Digital Camera's?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Stevey_G
How do I retrieve files from my digicam in linux?Its connected via usb and is a fuji finepix 2800zoom. thanks in advance!
Corey
You need to install a program that will read the usb camera, in the past I have used gphoto2 to great success, so do a search for it.
camorri
I don't know the Fugi Fine Pix, if you want to use gphoto2, check first if your camera is supported. If it is, that is an wasy way of handling pictures. If it is not, you can buy a card reader that your memory card fits into. There are USB attached ones. You can then make an entry in fstab, and mount it like another partition. Then you can copy files very easily. I have done both, however my camera is a Nikon 5000. The card readers are inexpensive and available in many locations including your favorite camera store.
Stevey_G
It appears I can directly mount the camera!! mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera works with no hassle!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.