Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kazaa Client For Linux? Also, Ipaq Activesync?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
gort
First I was wondering if there are any kazaa clients for linux.

Secondly, I was wondering if there are any tools to let your pocket pc based PDA sync up with evolution or something? I have an ipaq and I really don't use windows much any more and I still like to use my PDA. Is there a way I can sync it up in linux?
shaggy999
I don't know about kazaa, but if you are interested in P2P filesharing on linux I believe that Limewire is available for linux (it's written in Java, so I would think it would be anyway).
Jim
There is no Kazaa for linux, why would anyone take the time to copy an evil program like that over to linux? Besides, the only reason Kazaa is still around is because componies pay to have thier spy ware embeded into it, and no one is going to take the time to create spyware for linux.
hughesjr
P2P:
There is a program called giFT. There are plugins for Gnutella (Grokster) and Fast Trak (Kaaza) networks. There is also a version of EDonkey and Overnet for Linux.

I don't know if any of these work ... I haven't ever installed either of them.
-------------------------------
For Linux / IPAQ try this....
http://www.aq.org/ipaq.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.