Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vmware
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Stevey_G
Any of you got experience with vmware. Im running win NT in a virtual machine. I want to access my linux home directory through it. Any ideas how? Cheers. Steve
Corey
Well, i've never actually attempted to access a linux filesystem through Windows in a VMware machine, but I would imagine it's pretty much the same as using a regular install of windows. You might want to try explore2fs, which i have had good success in under windows. Please note that I have not tried this through VMware, so you're milage may vary. As well, please note that this program only supports ext2 and ext3 filesystems, others like reiserfs, xfs, etc. are not supported, and are not going to be according to the website.
Stevey_G
Well the directory i want to access is shared in samba, and users are setup, both the vm and linux use dhcp to resolve addresses. All i need to do is to be able to see the linux share in the vm?? The vm uses xp now on NAT btw. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.