Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Ralfi
i've installed mandrake linux just yesterday, and guess what, i've got all kinds of problems. so looking for help, here i am
can anyone tell my my computer is so damn slow running with linux?? i can't even play an mp3. perhaps something wrong with the memory adjustments? next, i can't access the net. i've got dsl, but there seems to be no kind of driver for my modem, so i have to use windows to get online. i use kde 3.2, if that's some help for anyone. would be nice to get answered.
mfg ralfi
Corey
What kind of system do you have? How much ram? What processor? Do you remember if you setup "Swap Space" when you first installed Mandrake? There could be any number of reasons why mp3's won't play like they should.

What kind of dsl modem do you have? Does it connect directly to your NIC or is it a USB connection?
Jim
In addition make sure you include what kind of audio card and NIC (network interface card) you have. In gerneral with this forum, the more info you give us the better shot we have of being able to answer your question and getting it right the first time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.