Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reconising Devices? Huh?
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
Creative Insanity
Ok..I have just installed Linux, I chose Slackware 9.1 (rocks) and I want to now get my NIC card working.
I have downloaded the latest stable kernel (2.6.3) and have that on a NTFS drive in the system and I need to access it.
The boot up goes so fast I do not get time to see what it has set this drive up as and therefore have no idea what to mount.
Is there away I can find out what that drive is? Either in X or console I am not fussed.

Ta
Corey
Chances are, you're NTFS partition is located in /dev/hda1, but to be certain, let's find out.

run
fdisk -l (that's a small L not I)

This will give you a list of what partitions are on your hard drive, you should see one with "NTFS" in it as the filesystem type along with your linux partition (most likely reiserfs or something).

Let's assume it was /dev/hda1, then you would want to mount it and copy your kernel tree over:

$ mkdir /mnt/winnt
$ mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/winnt
$ cd /mnt/winnt
$ ls

There you go.
Creative Insanity
Ok ta for the reply but sussed that out yesterday. Reply was a little slow hehe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.