Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Network Installation :)
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
I did it! mwhahahaha, I did it...I've installed Red Hat 9 trough the network, I'm so happy that I'm going to jump out of the window smile.gif

Linux is truly amazing smile.gif Highly recomended smile.gif

http://ldp.linuxhelp.ca/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html <--check these out, very-very-very-very awesome howto's.

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
COOL .... how's the vpn tunnel coming?

I did a hard drive install of WhiteBox Linux the other day ... and it did the install after I only pointed at the hard drive directory (on another partition) that contained the ISO files ... I didn't have to loop mount them or anything ... just point at the directory. I think it would work the same for the NFS install.
Robert83
Still working on it smile.gif

But now my priority is the Firewall machine, gota get it working. smile.gif

Today I'm going to get another cable modem, with a public ip adress and gona try doing this firewall thing.

What do you think about www.grc.com ? [SHIELDSUP?], It is a program that looks up you're IP adress and tries
to see what ports are open etc... have you ever tried this?

Are there any other you recomend? Cause somehow I must see how good my firewall will be configured

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
I love the grc site ... and Steve Gibson in general.

I have used his site for testing firewalls for a long time.

I also have been a big fan of Steve's since his stint with InfoWorld Magazine in the late 1980's and early 1990's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.