Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help A Newbie
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
cnalies
Hi, I just upgraded from Mandrake Linux 8.1 to 9.2 My sound card was working just fine up until I tried to play Tux racer. The game froze, the letters in monitor became huge, the sound went away. I tried going into the configuration menu to try and fix it, but it did not work. It says that I do not have an audio device. I was playing cd's and games with no problems but now the system won't even find my device. Please help a Linux newbie. What should I do?

Thanks,

Niels
shaggy999
Have you tried rebooting your computer? There are times where music and movies play fine for me, then all of a sudden I go to do something that makes noise and it says it can't find my sound hardware. A quick reboot and everything works fine again. In fact it did it to me on my laptop an hour ago. I had my laptop on, but closed the whole night.... I woke up and went to play some music...... no sound, eventhough I had watched a movie on it last night. A quick reboot and it works again.
cnalies
QUOTE (cnalies @ Feb 22 2004, 05:28 PM)
Hi, I just upgraded from Mandrake Linux 8.1 to 9.2 My sound card was working just fine up until I tried to play Tux racer. The game froze, the letters in monitor became huge, the sound went away. I tried going into the configuration menu to try and fix it, but it did not work. It says that I do not have an audio device. I was playing cd's and games with no problems but now the system won't even find my device. Please help a Linux newbie. What should I do?

Thanks,

Niels

I have rebooted the system several times. But it does not fix the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.