Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wan Wireless Part Security Question...
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
Hi

So I've got 60-65 computers in our wan. There are currently three weakpoints, these are the wrieless connections.
Our base[point 1], bridge1[point2] , bridge2[point3]...
I'm using Linksys bridges, since they're quiet good. I've enabled WEP encryption , wich is unfortunately not enough...
I mean it offers some security , but it can be cracked quiet easylie , no matter of encritpiton level 64 128bit ...

So I was thinking about linking these points together with ssh, base to bridge 1 , base to bridge 2 with ssh, now the problem is, that I got windows computers on all three end's, and I hope that they can comunicate trough ssh.

And can you tell me how to do this with ssh?

Sincerely
Robert B
michaelk
There are ssh clients for windows. PuTTY is one.
hughesjr
SSH Tunneling
Robert83
What I would like to do with SSH is not a temporary connection.

What I would like to do is make a permament SSH connections beetween these three computers . So that every data on every known port will be transported with SSH.

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
OK,

What you want to do is set up a VPN Bridge....

Here is a project that does it ... but it is with a wired lan ... I would think the concepts and software would work with the wireless as well (might have to use wan0 vice eth0, etc.)

This is a VPN How to ... doesn't discuss bridging, but does discuss VPNs.

Here are a couple other links that are close:

http://community.smoothwall.org/forum/view...der=asc&start=0

http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-user@list...t/msg13118.html
Robert83
Thank you,

Well I actually have Wireless Brige Units, which mean that they are external devices muhahahah smile.gif), thus eth0 and eth1 will be just fine.

THANK YOU! smile.gif

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.