Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wine Question
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
I've downloaded the latest wine source, and compiled it, as it should be compiled , all is fine.

The problem is, that WINE searches for my cdrom drive in /cdrom and NOT /mnt/cdrom , how can I correct this?

Also I've got sound up and runing in Linux just fine, but somehow under wine there is no sound [though it detects it in the beggining].
What could be wrong?

Sincerely
Robert B
Corey
You can change where wine looks for your cdrom by either manually editing your ~/.wine/config file, or, you can download the program winesetuptk which uses a tk graphical interface to edit the wine config file.

As for sound, i can't help you much there, i'm constantly having problems with my sound card in linux alone, there's no hope for me and wine with that. smile.gif
Robert83
Well I did it the other way around, edited my /etc/fstab and made mnt/cdrom into /cdrom.

And the Wine problem was solved imideately ifter I've turned Linux Sounds off , only left the sound server enabled.

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.