Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Cd Writing Software To Use?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
I've tryed Gnome Toaster latest [wich is still beta]. And It almost managed to write my cd, but unfortunately at the end of the track it just ejected the cd without any warning, and then reloaded it, and out again, and my cd got screwed up, 80% of data was readable the rest was not.

So to get to the point, I would like to write cd's [got a TEAC 16x cd-rw], please tell me what is the best cd writer software out there?

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
Personally, I use the command line program cdrecord in conjuction with the command line program mkisofs.

At first this seems hard to do and understand ... but it is very flexible and it's worked everytime for me.

There is a package called k3b that might do what you want ... I personally don't like it, and it requires that you have a fully functional KDE installed.
Robert83
Thanx for the info,

Well first I tried k3b burner, wich indeed is a burner , this little ...... destroyed 3 cd's of mine, so I don't like it either smile.gif.

With cdrecord and mkisofs I've managed to burn the first cd without any error, and it's pretty easy to memorize the commands.

Sincerely
Robert B
Corey
Wow, i'm surprised by the problems encountered with K3B, I recommend K3B to everyone who is looking for a non-command line cd burner for linux. I've never had a problem with it, and it's always done a great job.

Of course, nothing beats cdrecord and it's family of utilities. I even use cdrecord in windows thanks to the wonderful gift of cygwin.
hughesjr
Corey ... you're using linux too much when you are installing cygwin to use linux CLI tools in windows tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.