Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Keyboard Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
I've installed 7 RH9 computers and use them as terminals, from the beggining there was a problem, sometimes the keyboard wouldn't respond to any keys at all [for a few seconds], and after that it worked again.

All the other keyboards work ok with RH9 , just Logitech won't work 99.99% ok.

Anyone got any idead, what should I do?

The problem is :

- keyboard will not always respond to pressed keys [including 1 , 2 , 3]

Thank you foreward

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
The first thing I would do is switch the keyboard to another PC ... and see if the problem follows the keyboard or stays on that machine...
Robert83
Well the problem is that all seven keyboard are doing the same thing, won't respond to some characters imediately.

Here is a description of what I do :

Got a 2xXeon 4GB 2xSATA120GB Terminal Server, I use RH9 on clients , and use rdesktop to connect to the terminal server.

Possible error : [but which is the one?]
1.rdesktop has some issues perhaps [latest stable version]
2.since a dos program is running in terminal mode [with using TAMEDOS www.tamedos.com], maybe that makes the keyboard not to respond [when in terminal mode].
3.the keyboard itself is not what it is , I mean I've looked at the webpage, and the cheapest Logitech keyboard is 20$, and ours was 4$...now this is interesting.

Question :

are there some possible options under linux, wich could cure such errors? , I mean when some buttons won't respond for a sec or two in Linux, and some combinations of [2 buttons : like SHIFT+6], won't respond for the first time, only for the second.

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.