Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kde 3.2 Is Released
Linuxhelp > In The Community > News
Corey
Everyone's favorite desktop environment (well, at least mine anyways), KDE, released their latest stable version, 3.2. The updates are too numerous to mention. I haven't tried the official stable 3.2, but i've been using the pre-releases, and everything feels smoother, faster, and more feature-full. Try it out for yourself.

You can grab the source code, or the binaries for some distributions by checking out a mirror closest to you. For a list, visit the following URL:

http://download.kde.org/download.php

Post any comments, likes, dislikes, etc. here for other to view.
hughesjr
I'm not much of a KDE guy now (although I preferred KDE when it was KDE 1.1.2 and Gnome 1.0.55 on RedHat 5.x) .... but I'll give KDE 3.2 give it a spin.
hughesjr
OK ... I'm updating my Mandrake 10 Beta2 test install to KDE 3.2 (using the Mandrake Cooker version released today via urpmi). I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Corey
I wish i had a high-speed connection again, i wouldn't mind trying out mandrake beta. oh well sad.gif
hughesjr
OK ... I installed the Mandrake 10 Beta 2 with 2.6.2 kernel, KDE 3.2, Mozilla 1.6.

KDE 3.2 looks pretty good and it does feel smoother and faster ... I might give it a try for a little while.
Jim
Where did you find mandrake rpms? Or where they only for the 10 beta? I would like to upgrade my mandrake KDE to 3.2 but I couldn't find rpms for it and I am not so sure I want to muck about with building something as centrial as my desktop.
hughesjr
The rpms I used were part of the Beta 2 install .... The Mandrake Linux 10.0 Community - Final is supposed to be released on Feb 18, 2004. ... see this page for Mandrake's new release model.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.