Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sony Vaio Pcg-grt100 And Rh 7.3 Help!
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
TCPHosting
I need an expert for some brain pickin' time. Basically here is my problem in a nutshell. I have a new Sony Vaio PCG-GRT100 laptop and I have Win XP Pro on it. I installed RH 7.3 in a different partition for a dual boot and all went well except the following. I cannot get the video to work. I read on a different forum that I had better set it up for a text logon or I may never get logged in so that is what I did. I can login to the terminal command prompt but I know not enough about Linux to know what to do now. I am assuming that I need some drivers from Nvidia (this has the Nvidia GeForce 2 MX type card) but I have no clue how to get them and even if I did, I do not know how to install them. To compound issues, I am using a Orinoco Silver 802.11B wireless card (which of course doesn't work either right now) so my Internet is not up and running either. I assume that I need to at least get the Wireless working so I can get on the 'Net and download other drivers and such. Is anybody up to help with this huge mess? I will say I am not stupid, just out there in unexplored territory right now. Can anyone help? Thanks for reading this and a HUGE THANKS if you can help.

-Doug
hughesjr
Use redhat 9 instead of rh 7.3 ... there is a driver called orinoco in RH9, slackware 9.1 and debian sarge/sid.

It should find that network card on install....

----------------------
you should be able to use the standard NVIDIA driver to start out with ... RedHat 9 might also find that properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.