Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turning Phlak Box Into Wap?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
g1powermac
Hi All,

I am using the newest version of the PHLAK distro ( http://www.phlak.org/ ) installed onto my hard drive of an old Compaq Deskpro, and I would like to turn it into a wireless access point for my PowerBook G4 running MacOS 10.2.

Here is what I got for wireless hardware: The Deskpro has a SMC ISA PCMCIA Swap Box with Lucent Wireless card with a recently updated firmware (Its the IEEE 11 mbs one, which I think is 802.11b, right?). The PowerBook has an Apple Airport extreme card which supports both 802.11b and g.

For software, the PHLAK box seems to recognize the Wavelan card since one of the leds on it does turn on during boot. However, the PowerBook doesn't see it, so there must be somethings I need to do to turn it into a WAP. What software do I need and what settings do I need to change to make this work?

Thanks,
JS

BTW, where is the dmesg in linux? I know where it is in the BSDs, but I can't find it in PHLAK.
hughesjr
There is an executable (normally /bin/dmesg) that causes the dmesg to be output ... use the command:

dmesg | less

to review the dmesg output (or dmesg > boot.messages to create a text file)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.