Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [newbie] Help Installing Slack.
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Goggen
I'm sure all of you just wanna sigh right now and say something like "read the fucking manual", but the fact is that I've read a lot and asked a lot of people on different boards, but no one seams to be able to help me. So, I'd tought I'd ask here. smile.gif Very well, I'v decided to install Slack, but my computer refuses to boot up from the CD, that's burned as an bootable one. It's just saying something about 1.44 or something like that, and then it continues to boot up from the HDD and there for Win XP is loaded. Anyone got a sulotion to my problem?

BTW, excuse my bad english, will you? wink.gif
michaelk
Assuming you downloaded a ISO file.

How did you burn the CD? What application did you use etc?
You can not use windows drag and drop method to create the CD.

Using XP view the contents of the CD. What do you see?
Files, directories etc?

Verified the bootloader configuration is set boot from CD first? Have you verified that your PC can boot from another bootable CD?
Goggen
QUOTE (michaelk @ Jan 24 2004, 08:48 AM)
Assuming you downloaded a ISO file.

How did you burn the CD? What application did you use etc?
You can not use windows drag and drop method to create the CD.

Using XP view the contents of the CD. What do you see?
Files, directories etc?

Verified the bootloader configuration is set boot from CD first? Have you verified that your PC can boot from another bootable CD?

Yes, I d-loaded a ISO file. smile.gif

I burned it in Nero, as a bootable CD.

I can't see any files at all on it.

Yes, but it's just saying something about 1.44 floppy and then it continues to load XP. :/
michaelk
What version and where did you download the ISO from?
Goggen
QUOTE (michaelk @ Jan 24 2004, 01:54 PM)
What version and where did you download the ISO from?

9.1 and I d-loaded it from mirror.pudas.net, which I found in a list of sites on slackware.com.
hughesjr
In NERO ... get rid of the wizards and use the Burn Image option ... from the menu.

You DON'T need to do anything else to make it bootable...

Here is a howto.
----------------------------------------------------
On the latest version of Nero (Version 6), the selection is under the Recorder menu item and not the File menu item.

In Nero Express, select the Disc Image or Saved Project and not the bootable data cd option.
Goggen
QUOTE (hughesjr @ Jan 25 2004, 10:05 AM)
In NERO ... get rid of the wizards and use the Burn Image option ... from the menu.

You DON'T need to do anything else to make it bootable...

Here is a howto.
----------------------------------------------------
On the latest version of Nero (Version 6), the selection is under the Recorder menu item and not the File menu item.

In Nero Express, select the Disc Image or Saved Project and not the bootable data cd option.

OK, thanks! smile.gif I'll try that later!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.