Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Ip Question/problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
gangsta_style
On my network, my Apache server's ip adress is 192.168.0.146. OK
I can access my site from my other computer on the network.

You know those sites that you can go on that say all that stuff about your ip and isp? I took down that ip address from the computer with the apache server. But when I go at school (or on my network) and type xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (security....), nothing shows up. Not even the Apache test page. No, I'm not dumb.... the service IS running. Why can't I access it? Or how can I access it?

Thanks

EDIT: I can ping it. With both IP's
michaelk
A little more info is required. I assume this is a broadband ISP? Cable or DSL? Your ISP might be blocking webservers running on port 80. Check your users agreement.

What distro? Do you have a firewall running?

I suppose you got your internet address from myip.com or the like.
ctrunk514
Do you have a firewall? are you using a router to share your high speed internet with the other computers on your network?
gangsta_style
OOOHHH!!! That might be it... The port 80 thing.

I'm using Red Hat 7.3 on it. I have DSL (sympatico high speed). Well on that computer I have port 80 open (...duh) and I'm thinking it might be the integrated firewall on my router.

I suppose you got your internet address from myip.com or the like.

No, not yet...? I don't have a domain. I only typed up the ip.

But I'll configure my router to let traffic on that port go through and I'll tell you the outcome. And yes the DSL is shared.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.