Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing New Gaim In Redhat 9
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
cyberguru
I just freshly installed Redhat 9 and tried to run Gaim but it was out of date, I downloaded the new version, and trying to install it came up with missing dependancies.
I searched on goolge for the missing packages and found them all, but one of them wasnt right.
Now I have the correct package and tried to install it but I get errors saying
file /usr/include/tk.h from install of tk-8.3.5-88 conflicts with file from package TkStep-replace-devel-8.0.4-1
file /usr/lib/libtk.so from install of tk-8.3.5-88 conflicts with file from package TkStep-replace-devel-8.0.4-1
file /usr/lib/tkConfig.sh from install of tk-8.3.5-88 conflicts with file from package TkStep-replace-devel-8.0.4-1

The incorrect package was TkStep-replace-devel-8.0.4-1 and the proper one is tk-8.3.5-88.
I have tried running 'rpm -e TkStep-replace-devel-8.0.4-1' but it says its not installed.

Any help would be brilliant. I am a complete noob to Linux and want to use it instead of Windows.

Thanks
Mark
Joey
Are you trying to install gaim via RPM or compiling it from source?
probbka
Try running

CODE
yum install gaim

Let yum take care of dependencies...
hughesjr
QUOTE (probbka @ Jan 19 2004, 09:12 PM)
Try running

CODE
yum install gaim

Let yum take care of dependencies...

Of course ... that would require installing yum for redhat 9.

Personally, I like apt from FreshRPMs.net, but both apt and yum are very good at solving dependancies and keeping installs updated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.