Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suse 9 Slowing Down
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
caznetworks
About 3 months ago, I installed SuSE 9.0 on my notebook PC. It was, as you'd expect for a brand new 3GHz machine, pretty fast. In the past few weeks, it has become unbelieveably slow - most noticeably the OpenGL screensaver, which used to run very smoothly, now does about 1-3 fps. A similar speed problem is happening on the desktop PC, also with SuSE 9. I have never had this problem before, haven't installed anything or changed any settings recently, and really don't know what is going on.

How can i figure out what process(es) are causing the poor performance, and stop this from happening??

Regards,

Alex
mode_flux
have you done any updates with the SuSE watcher? If not that may help
caznetworks
QUOTE (mode_flux @ Jan 15 2004, 04:03 AM)
have you done any updates with the SuSE watcher?  If not that may help

I finally plugged the computer into the 'net yesterday and downloaded the latest updates. That certainly *seems* to have solved the speed problems, although just typing this with nothing else running, the system fan is running at full throttle, which is unusual.

OK, it's slowing down now. Maybe I was typing too fast wink.gif Will have to see what happens in the next week or so.

Thanks.
hughesjr
You can use the command top in a terminal window ... or there should be a system monitor program in the menu.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.