Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New User Question
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
vlt
I'm a new Linux user. Just bought a computer preloaded with Lindows. I plan to move to Debian or Red Hat soon. In the meantime, I'm trying to download and install Netscape 7. The download let's me open the installer using Ark or save to disk. If I save to disk, I can't find the downloaded file. If I use Ark, I don't know how to apply the "tar", "gzip", "cd", or "./" commands listed in the Netscape installation instructions. Is there an easy way to download and install Netscape 7 in Linux? Please advise. Thanks. Vince
Hemant
what is lindows biggrin.gif i have never heard of it.well i assume it is lindows os(ver 3.0).then u don't have to worry about the installation of netscape on
linux just select www/mail package during installtion.by the way commands r
tar -zxf packagename
after u unzipped the packaged there should be some pearl script or shell
script that will take care of rest just run that pearl script or shell script
Corey
I am really un-familier with the setup of Lindows, but one would assume that you would download the binary setup file from netscape here. However, I would suggest sticking to an open-source solution like Mozilla, it offers more stability, less of a memory footprint, and support is much easier to acquire for open-source software.

However, like I said, I am unaware on how Lindows worked, I have not bothered myself with it. Maybe I'll read up on it, but the $100 pricetag will keep me away from installing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.