Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Usb Wireless
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
cleroy
Hello, folks. I am supremely new to linux. I downloaded and installed for the first time the other day, and I went with Ark Linux alpha10, as I've heard it's easy for newbies to work with. However, my only means of internet connection is via linksys USB 802.11b wi-fi. I've downloaded wlan, but I have no idea how to install it, or even which of the many files I downloaded I should be using.

I know nothing about linux, but I want to try it out. Could someone possibly give me some kind of walkthrough entailing what all I have to do to get my USB wi-fi working? Internet connectivity is my only concern at this point, because I don't want to be running around to different computers everytime I want to check e-mail or log into my online courses for college.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.
hughesjr
What is the manufacture and model number of the USB device?
cleroy
It's a Linksys, Ver 2.6 in their Instant Wireless Series.
hughesjr
You can try these instructions.

Here is a project site for that device. Here is the latest CVS snapshot from that site (as of when this message is posted).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.