Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mrpoper Please Help!
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
whoami
hi guys,

I am writing a usb driver for linux (2.4.20-8) and I got it to compile, with some warnings, while trying to fix those errors I ran 'make mrproper'. Now when I try to compile I get a lot of header errors I wasn't getting before and now it doesn't even compile. please I am getting desperate. Here are what the errors look like:

In file included from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/sched.h:16,
from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/usb.h:137,
from smhome.c:15:
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/timex.h:173: field `time' has incomplete type
In file included from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/bitops.h:69,
from /usr/include/asm/system.h:7,
from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/sched.h:19,
/usr/include/asm/bitops.h:327:2: warning: #warning This includefile is not available on all architectures.
/usr/include/asm/bitops.h:328:2: warning: #warning Using kernel headers in userspace: atomicity not guaranteed
In file included from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/fs.h:298,
from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/tty.h:20,
from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/sched.h:26,
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/ext3_fs_i.h:75: field `truncate_sem' has incomplete type
In file included from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/fs.h:299,
from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/tty.h:20,
from /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/build/include/linux/sched.h:26,

I'm thinking ther might be a problem with the header paths or something like that. I gues I am asking if there is a way to undo/fix what ever make mrpoper does.

thanks
hughesjr
Copy the config file (if you saved it) from the previous kernel compile (or if the kernel is a premade one, copy the config-xxxx file from the /boot) to /usr/src/kernel-source-dir/.config ... once you have .config then run the command (from within the /usr/src/kernel-source-dir):

make oldconfig

then

make dep

and you should be back to normal....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.