Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
muuddflap
i have been thinking about installing red hat 9. but the thing is i have never messed with linux before and not shure how to get my pc back online after install. i don't even know what i would need to get off of my pc before i installe red hat. i'm on a wirless internet provider it is kinda like
DSL it has it own modem than i'm plugged into a etonet card from there. just wondering if i might need to know my ip address and stuff for red hat thanks.

larry osborne
azepromidi3000
if you like i have a ftp site that i have set up for people like your self if you need red hat 9.0 i have it on the sever if you need any help to set it up you can e-mail any problems and i will try and tell you how to fix them biggrin.gif
muuddflap
that would be great, i would need your web site address and thanks, i woulde hope that u are not on dial up so it won't be such a slow upload

thanks again biggrin.gif
muuddflap
where do i go too get the download
Joey
Hi,

RedHat can be downloaded from any of the sites listed at http://www.linuxhelp.ca/isos/index.php#redhat
hughesjr
If you use DHCP for Windows right now, you should be able to use DHCP when setting up RedHat. If you have static IP(s) in Windows, you will need to provide that information for RedHat during the setup (Ip address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS server)
muuddflap
hi will thanks everyone for your help i now am running redhat 9 and i'm online it was easier than i thought it would be. i even got all my update's from apt and i'm good too go. i was just wondering how too install xmms it is a rpm file can't really find anything on rpm's i just thought maybe somone could tell me how too do it thank's

sincerly,
hughesjr
if you have apt-get installed, just do the command:

apt-get install xmms
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.