Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Hat Install Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rustic
Iím a complete novice to Linux and have just tried to install Red Hat 8. I put it on a new computer without any installed operating system. Now, the installation itself seemed to go well, I used the default choices in almost ever instance except I was able to pick my specific monitor out of a list. The graphics and my mouse worked without a hitch during install. The problems hit me after all the information had been written to my hard drive and the computer restarted. The boot went well and Red Hat Setup Agent came on the screen, however my graphics were a mess; the screen was grainy and barely readable, and the mouse would no longer work. I managed to get past the Setup Agent with the keyboard, but then ran into the user name and password screen. I did not enter any name during installation, just a root password that was mandatory. At this point I could not get past this screen. Anyway, it went really well until this final phase, and Iím really anxious to become a Linux user, but what do you think went wrong, and what can I do now?
Davey
I have experienced (and still experiencing) the same problem - and its in the technical support forum too (Under boot problems) Do you have an Nvidea - I do (Although your lucky, I get no screen output what-so-ever) Except my problem is with Red-hat 9
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.