Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wierd Install!
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
linkersun
Hi,

I am installing Red Hat 9.0.

I have installed it a few times as I am new to Linux and am familiarising myself with the bits and pieces of it.

Now for the weird stuff: The first few times I installed it I was booted into the GUI environment with Gnome, all good. Then I rebuilt it again making the exact same selections as to what I wanted installed and instead of it asking me for the 3 CD's during the install it only required 1 and then on reboot I am booted into the cmd line not GUI interface!

I formatted my MBR and tried again and this time the 3 CD's were used and back into the GUI environment. The last time I tried, even after formatting the MBR it still only allowed me into the cmd line interface.

Any ideas as to why this is occurring - as far as I am aware I choose the exact same components for the install each time.

thanks,
linkersun
Correction, not just a format of the MBR but the format of the disk and reinstall of another operating system - in this case NT4 Work Station.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.