Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linksys Wmp11 Drivers
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
KARR
I recently purchased a Linksys Wireless PCI card model:WMP11, and could not find any driver support for the card. The Linksys WPC11 has fairly good support, although it has a prism2 chipset, the WMP11 has a chipset by broadcom. I didn't find drivers on dirverguide.com or any other site i found with a google search. Are there drivers for the WMP11, or do I need a different card.

Thanks
Karr
andrewjenkins
The place to start with wireless support is www.linux-wlan.org. Their compatability list says:

Linksys 802.11b WMP11 PCI Prism2/2.5/3 Linux-wlan-ng Recent versions are Broadcom

This sounds like a similar situation to what I went through with my WPC11 - they are really two different cards, a Ver 3 and earlier, and a Ver 4. You have the version 4 - the broadcom.

Broadcom has linux support for two chipsets at http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php. Are either of these yours? What relevant output does "cat /proc/pci" give you?

My WPC11 came with a sheet offering a free exchange for an earlier version. While I didn't go through with it (shipping would have cost more than the card itself), it may make more sense for you, if Linksys was nice enough to include it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.