Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Mp3 Sound
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Bacardi34
I have red hat 9 and an integrated soundMAX soundcard on my motherboard. When i try and play mp3s i dont get any sound, but all other sounds work fine on the system. I downloaded and installed the latest version of xmms but im still not having any luck. Any ideas?
Corey
As far as I know (i'm not a redhat user), Redhat, by default, doesn't come with MP3 support. According to an article on OSNews, you can download and install this xmms package to enable the mp3 plugin.
Bacardi34
Ok, i installed the rpm, restarted and its still not working. When i open an MP3 it looks like its playing it, the bar graph jumps around for a second, then stops, but there is no sound. Also the timer that counts how long the song is goes really fast, so im guessing something still is not working right.
Joey
Try getting the RPMS from http://staff.xmms.org/priv/redhat8/
Bacardi34
I grabbed them in desperation earlier, before my second post and they did not fix anything. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.