Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ssl Connect Error
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jstroop
When running rhn_register I continue to get a ssl_connect error. I am able to connect to ftp servers if this has anything to do with it. Thanks for the help.

Jon
chrisw
you have to go to redhats website and
download the new up2date and up2date-gnome rpms

sign into their rhn.redhat.com site and you
should see the rpms listed or something mentioned
about them there....

once you download them

run

rpm -Fvh up2date-version-.rpm
rpm -Fvh up2date-gnome-version.rpm

replacing version with the specific numbers in your rpms.
jstroop
I went ahead and followed your directions but when I tried to update the files i am told I need the previous version of up2date and up2date-gnome. Where can I find the older files?

Jon
hughesjr
make sure you install the right files for your distro ... there are files for RH 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 8.0 and 9 here:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2003-267.html
jstroop
The thing is I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES. After going to the page that was recomended it said that only Red Hat 7.x - 9 were affected. Although before the holidays I was able to download a patch for this problem specifically for my version. Did I miss a step somewhere or even trod down the wrong path? Heck with all the problems I am having did I mess up the installation? Thanks again for your help.

Jon
hughesjr
You have to have a registered support account to use up2date with RedHat Enterprise Linux .... if you have such an account, you can download updates for RHEL 2.1 here:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2003-268.html

Actually, you can download the updates from there reguardless ... but you can only run up2date from valid machines with a support contract in place...

For RHEL 3.0 there is no fix ... because it was released after the certificate was updated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.