Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Display Settings Red Hat 9.0
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
LBPCMD
hello everyone. i'm new to LINUX and i'm happy so far. i installed red hat 9.0 on my laptop but i have a few issues that i'm not sure about. hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying to adjust the resolution of my screen which is now 800X600 and i'm trying to make it 1024X768. when i adjust it, i get a promet that tells me to log out and restart X server for changes to take effect. i log out and log back in and it stays the same. when i log back in, does X server restart? or do i have to do something else? i also tried restarting the system and still nothing. the other problem that i'm having is how to install software. i recently found that driver for my wireless network card but i don't know what to do with it. i'm coming from a windows environment and i'm used to just having an icon that i clikc on and i'm in business. i think i understand that i have to complie some code but i don't know what commands to use in the terminal or how to find when i've downloaded using the terminal. H-E-L-P!
any help would be much appreciated.

-PCMD
Hemant
Hi..
i guess before we attempt to solve your problem...we need a bit of information...like..
1.what is your video card
2.what is your monitor type
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.