Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mouse Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
burner
Hey, i'm a complete beginner when it comes to linux. I don't know how to do anything with the OS yet so bear with me. I just recently installed RH v.8 on an older ibm thinkpad, everything seems to be running smoothly with RH except the mouse doesn't work. I'm not using an external mouse i'm using the "built in" mouse.(three buttons, and a little red "nipple" between the "G" and "H" keys). I'm wondering if there's any way i can sort this out? But like i said i'm an absolute beginner,any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
hughesjr
If your bios has an internal mouse enable/disable ... make sure it is enabled.

What model thinkpad.
burner
The model is "i series".

When installing it asks what type of mouse, and give's a list. What would i choose for the internal mouse? Maybe that would be the problem?
hughesjr
It should have something highlighted (that it thinks it detected), probably a generic 3 button mouse.

As a side note, does the mouse work in the install window...if so pick what it highlighted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.