Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windows To Linux Transition
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Nyhm
I've been a windows user forever blink.gif , and I've done a lot of research on Linux and would love to give it a try. I want to add it to my current home PC (which is mainly used for playing games) and get a better gaming machine running on XP. My only questions is: what Linux should I be using for a home PC? Im more than likely going to keep playing games on the Linux box, but I also plan to brush up on more of my programming, etc. I hear its a lot more stable and felxible. I was told by a few people to get Mandrake and was told by a few more to get Redhat..... bahh someone help me out here pleeease! sad.gif
hughesjr
Basically RedHat and Mandrake are the same ... But RedHat is stopping support for all it's non-enterprise releases. Fedora Core is now a replacement for RedHat.

Either is good ... I like Fedora Core a little bit better (because I like the installer more).

If you have any preference between the two, go with that one....if you don't I'd go with Fedora Core, because there is a larger user base and a little more support for 3rd party programs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.