Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake 9.2 Won't Me Be Connect My Dsl To Net
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
linux_lover
unsure.gif Can any one help. Like i have Mandrake 9.2. It won't let me connect my DSL to the internet. My DSL won't get an IP. I have tried going "adsl-setup", tried the wizard but none of them did any thing. First i set the protocol to PPPoE but that just made things worse so i changed it to DHCP and which made a bit of difference but not much. I am a noob so please all the help is appreceated. My e-mail is raman1987@hotmail.com. If i have missed some thing please e-mail me.
Corey
Well, first off, we need to know what distribution of linux are you running? Different distros have different tools.

As well, you need to know exactly what protocol that your ISP uses for your internet connection, is it DHCP or PPPoE? For example, my ISP uses DHCP for my connection, i just run the daemon 'dhcpcd' and that's it, it fetches all the information from the dhcp server. My girlfriend, on the other hand, is with an ISP (well same ISP, different service) that uses PPPoE, she has a username and password which needs to be setup in linux with a tool. She must 'log on' to the network before she can receive an internet connection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.