Hi All,
I'm a complete linux newbie so please forgive any particular stupidity on my part, but i have some problems...

I have just installed RedHat Linux 7.0 on my computer to make a dual-boot system with windows, and i'm having major problems sorting out the graphical aspects of linux.

I booted off the RHL cd and tried first to use the graphical installer, but i got an error message (which i have forgotten) and was forced to use the text installer. This all went swimmingly until i came to set up my monitor and video card - the monitor probe seems to work ok, but when it tries to start X to test the config, it reports an error and asks me to configure it manually. I have tried this using the manuals for my monitor and card, but i always get the same message.

I know this is a bit vague, so i will put a runthrough of exactly what is going on at the end of this message.
Thank you for reading this far!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Have:
Nvidia Geforce 2 MX200 32Mb
Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 73.

In RHL Setup
~~~~~~~~~~
Pci Probe gives:
PCI Entry : Nvidia Corporation | NVII DDR
X Server : None
XFree4 Driver : nv

Monitor Probe gives:
Monitor Name : DiamondPlus7
Hor Sync 31 - 96 kHz } These Should both be
Ver Sync 59 - 86 kHz } Ok as far as I can tell

Screen Configuration Probe Gives ERROR!

All attempts to configure manually, even with most basic settings give ERROR!

If You've made it down this far, then thnk you for reading a very long post, but i thought it best to give as much info as possible!