Any help would be appreciated:
I've got a business running Novell 5 with 10 workstations (Win 98/ 3 have XP) running on a 54mbps US Robotics 802.11g wireless network. In addition,there is a Linux box running Redhat 7.2 whose only function is to support the office printer, an HP 4050. The printer is also attached to a Linksys Wireless Print Server. The problem is that employees can only print to the printer if they are logged onto Netware as the owner. If they try to print under their own Netware login they get "You must supply a password to access....//www//hp4050. Entering any password does not work. They have been operating like this for over a year, which, needless to say, presents a security problem. I at first thought this was a netware rights issue, easy enough, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I recently read something about the windows logon having something to do with this, but I don't remember now where I read it and I'm not sure why that would be a problem. I'm sure there is an easy fix to this but I have been unable to find it. The IT person before me put passwords on everything, that the owner didn't have (this has been fun). I know absolutely nothing about Linux, but thanks to the Internet, I was able to figure out how to get into this machine and eventually change passwords, so I believe I now have full access. I have looked at samba and some of the *.cfg files, but I don't really even know what I might be looking for. Can anyone tell me what to do? I have over 20 years exp. in this field, but I am at a loss with Linux.
Thanks in advance.