Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reinstalling Users
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
stancol
Ok I'll try to make this short. I screwed up several users on my Linux box. I thought the fastest way to solve the problem was to delete them and reissue them later. Worked great untill I tried to reissue the users. Only one of the users worked the others just make the X screen flash and return back to the log in screen. I even went to /etc/passwd file and manually deleted them, and reinstalled them to no avail. sad.gif Any ideas on how to reissue old users that I deleted?
Prometheus
I ran into a problem kinda like this a couple days ago. make sure to delete the home directories for the accounts you deleted, and the default group that was created when u made the user initially, unless you've got it set up that each new user doesn't get thier own group, then you don't need to worry about that. once you have the user deleted, thier home directory deleted, and thier private group deleted, you should be able to re-make the account without any problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.