Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hd Controller Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
yamp66
hi
i dowloaded a linux dist. called dragon linux off of linux.org a while back and installed it with no problems later on i bought a 200gb ultra ATA100 western digital hd and it requierd a pci controller card which i installed i now i have both of my hd's running through the pci card i ended up deleting the dist i had (for what reason i dont know) and now i when i go to reinstall it it says it cant find the install files which i copied onto my c: drive i even burnt them to a cd and tried entering /dev/hdd or hdc and that didnt work either im not shure if theres a pci controller for my cdrom drives i dout it because would have seen it since ive installed many pci cards on my comp.

my sys. specs are
pentium 4 1.3ghtz
640mb rd ram
32mb nvidia geforce 2
win98se
western digital 200gb hd
maxtor 20gb hd
hughesjr
First ... I would recommend a major linux distro like RedHat/Fedora, SUSE, Mandrake, Debian, Slackware, or Gentoo (because you will get better advise...there are many more users of the major distros). Once you know what you like or don't like about the major distro you are using and are a fairly experienced Linux user ... then you can find a distro that is better suited to your tastes from amoung the hundreds of unique distros out there....Just my advise...
---------------------------------------------
I have never used dragon linux, so I don't know the boot process ... I'll see what I can find and get back to you.
hughesjr
Here is what I found on DistroWatch concerning DragonLinux:

Linux distributions which are designed to be installed on file systems used by Microsoft Windows (such as FAT, FAT32 or NTFS) are currently excluded from DistroWatch. These distributions are normally designed for evaluation purposes, they suffer from bad performance and package information is hard to come by. If you are interested in one of these distributions, please visit their web sites for futher information.

Windows-based Linux distributions:
DragonLinux
Monkey Linux
Phat Linux
Topologi Linux

--------------------------------------------

Because of the uniquness of this Distro ... (you have to install it on top of windows in the windows partition, on the windows hard drive) and because it doesn't support NTFS, I am afraid that I can't be of any help with this distro ... sorry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.